Hi everyone,

I am new here, recently join the group. I faced a problem in Kafka Cluster,
a problem is described below.

I am using Kafka version 0.9.0.0

We have established a Kafka Cluster of 3 machines where 2 machines are
utilized for Kafka broker and same 3 machines utilized for zookeeper. When
we start our consumer written in Kafka-Python, Kafka brokers create a new
topic name __consumer_offsets with 50 partitions and spread over 100 % in
Kafka broker with replica 2.

I know why topic is get created it is because offsets are stored in Kafka
broker instead of zookeeper but problem is each partition of
__consumer_offsets take a lot of space as compared to topic data and
yesterday I have restarted my cluster gain due to lack of space.

Can you exactly help me  why __consumer_offsets are taking a lot of space?
and how would I get rid of this.

Topic data space is 2 GB and while __consumer_offsets are taking 92 GB. My
server size is 98 GB with 4 GB RAM.

*Thanks, Kunal*
*+91-9958189589*
*Data Analyst*