Hello,

Are there any features planned that would enable an external process to
reset the offsets of a given consumer group? I realize this goes counter to
the design of the system, but it would be convenient if offsets could be
reset as a simple admin command.

The strategies we've investigated are (1) to somehow signal running
consumers that they should rewind their offsets, and (2) to stop all
consumers, run a "rewind" consumer as the sole member of the original
consumer group, have that consumer commit the desired offsets and exit, and
then restart the normal consumers. Both of these are more complex than we'd
like.

For context, we're running 0.9 with offsets stored in kafka.

Thanks,
Luke