Hi
We have an issue where a Topic is created (auto create) but no partition
replicas are allocated.
This issue has been replicated on 0.9.0.1 and 0.8.2.2

The environment have multiple concurrent consumers and producers accessing the
Kafka cluster and when we create topics they randomly but frequently don’t get
assigned replicas.
The log messages shows the following

[2016-04-08 03:49:12,039] INFO [TopicChangeListener on Controller 3]: New
topics: [Set(AUDIT_EXPORT)], deleted topics: [Set()], new partition replica
assignment [Map()] (kafka.controller.PartitionStateMachine$TopicChangeListener)

More discussion can be found at the issue below even if the main topic of the
issue incorrectly suggests that it is only describing the topic which is the
issue
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-3400>

Anyone seen anything similar or have suggested fix?

Regards
Toby