From: Jaikiran Pai [mailto:jai.forums2...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 3, 2016 10:47 PM
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Re: Receiving "The session timeout is not within an acceptable range"
but AFAIK it is within range

 From what you pasted, I can't say for certain whether you are using those
properties as consumer level settings or broker level settings.
The group.min.session.timeout.ms and the group.max.session.timeout.ms are
broker level settings (as far as I understand) and should be part of your
broker config (server.properties). Using them in consumer level settings while
creating the consumer, will result in those properties being ignored. Can you
confirm where exactly you have set those values?

-Jaikiran