Thanks a lot Jens for the reply.
One thing is still unclear is this happening only when we set the
max.partitions.fetch.bytes to a higher value ? Because I am setting it
quite lower at 8192 only instead, because I can control the size of the
data coming in Kafka, so even after setting this value why the Consumer is
fetching more records, is the Consumer not honoring this property, or is
there some other logic which is making it to fetch more data.

Thanks,
Abhinav