I get the following error when trying to print out the message list on the
command line using: kafka-console-consumer.sh --zookeeper
192.168.56.5:2181/kafka --topic statdxSolrXmlDocs --from-beginning

[2016-05-04 19:55:03,690] WARN
[console-consumer-69608_microservices1-1462413299490-b8ed181d-leader-finder-thread],
Failed to find leader for Set([statdxSolrXmlDocs,0])
(kafka.consumer.ConsumerFetcherManager$LeaderFinderThread)
kafka.common.KafkaException: fetching topic metadata for topics
[Set(statdxSolrXmlDocs)] from broker*
[ArrayBuffer(id:0,host:kafka1,port:9092)*] failed
at kafka.client.ClientUtils$.fetchTopicMetadata(ClientUtils.scala:72)
at kafka.client.ClientUtils$.fetchTopicMetadata(ClientUtils.scala:93)
at
kafka.consumer.ConsumerFetcherManager$LeaderFinderThread.doWork(ConsumerFetcherManager.scala:66)
at kafka.utils.ShutdownableThread.run(ShutdownableThread.scala:60)

The thing I'm pulling my hair out over is that array....   I can guess why
the error is happening and I'm not so concerned about that.  This is the
array:  [ArrayBuffer(id:0,host:kafka1,port:9092)]

In theory this machine (microservices1) should know absolutely nothing
about that other kafka1 server - and I created a new node in Zookeeper and
in the server.properties file as a "chroot" so when this instance came up
it shouldn't be looking anywhere else for it's data.

Can anyone tell me where that array comes from?  How is Kafka finding that
host name?  Can I find it in Zookeeper or in some obscure corner of the
Kafka directories?  Did I stupidly forget some config?  Does data like this
get stored in the index?  (yes, I copied the kafka-log data over from the
kafka1 machine)

thanks...