Hi Henry,

You can also use any other consumer basically to read from the internal
topics.  The kafka-console-consumer would work for this purpose.  If you're
just looking to view the offsets for a consumer group though, might I
suggest going with the built-in ConsumerGroupCommand?  It has the
capability to describe any consumer group, list all consumer groups, or
remove any you don't want:
kafka-run-class kafka.admin.ConsumerGroupCommand

That command will show you the options for running the
ConsumerGroupCommand.

Cheers,

Dustin

--