Hi there,

One way to disable the old consumer is to only allow authenticated
consumers (via SSL or another authentication system) - the old consumers
don't support authentication at all. If you care about ACLs anyway, you
probably don't want unauthenticated consumers or producers in the system at
all.

The ACL for sure only works on the new consumer API, because the old one
talks directly to zookeeper so there's no good way to apply the same ACLs
there.

Thanks

Tom Crayford
Heroku Kafka