Hello all,

I’m trying to use the new schema registry to read avro encoded messages I
created with kafka connect as described here:
http://docs.confluent.io/3.0.0/schema-registry/docs/serializer-formatter.html
<http://docs.confluent.io/3.0.0/schema-registry/docs/serializer-formatter.html>

The example code is obviously not correct, but beyond the obvious, I can’t seem
to figure out how to register KafkaAvroDecoder with a consumer. The example
given

ConsumerConnector consumer =
kafka.consumer.Consumer.createJavaConsumerConnector(new ConsumerConfig(vProps));

Is illegal, ConsumerConfig is a private class and can’t be instantiated. It
also seems that KafkaAvroDecoder does not implement Deserializer, and thus
can’t be used in the normal way deserializers are registered.

Has anyone gotten this stuff to work?

Thanks,

Rick