Hi community,

Probably it is very basic question, as I am new to Kafka Streams.
I am trying to initialize KTable or KStream from  kafka topic. However, I
don't know how to avoid getting null keys. So,

      KTable<String, String> source =
builder.stream(Serdes.String(),Serdes.String(),"t1");
      source.print();

I enter the input on t1 topic as:

one
two
one one

and get as a result:

null, (one <-null)
null, (two <-null)
null, (one one <-null)

So, the key is always null.

Is the key supposed to initialize after getting input from topic? If yes,
how can I initialize key in KTable after getting input? For example in
KStream we have KeyValueMapper that can be used to assign new keys and
values. However, in KTable we have only ValueMappers.

If not, how can I initialize the key of KTable from the input  from given
topic?

Cheers
Adrienne