Hello,

I'm currently working with kafka 0.10.0.0 in Java 8 and facing the following issue:

When I create multiple topics with the AdminUtil one by one and immediately start an KafkaConsumer (subscribed to this topic) in a new thread, many (not all) KafkaConsumers do not receive any messages but this log output:

WARN [org.apache.kafka.clients.NetworkClient]: Error while fetching metadata with correlation id 1 : {test-topic-1=LEADER_NOT_AVAILABLE}

If I firstly create all topics with the AdminUtil and thereafter start the different KafkaConsumers, everything works fine. However, I can not do that in my more complex application.
See http://pastebin.com/fHmJe2Yw for a more detailed code segment.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help,
Lukas