Hi Dave,

log.retention.bytes is per partition. If you change it after the topic was
created, you'll see the behavior you expect -- namely that the new value is
used when the log is cleaned. The frequency that the log is cleaned is
controlled by log.retention.check.interval.ms, with a default value of 5
minutes.

Hope this helps!

Alex

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 9:19 AM, Tauzell, Dave <dave.tauz...@surescripts.com