Hi Charity,

I'm not sure about the roadmap. The way we (and linkedin/dropbox/netflix)
handle rebalances right now is to do a small handful of partitions at a
time (LinkedIn does 10 partitions at a time the last I heard), not a big
bang rebalance of all the partitions in the cluster. That's not perfect and
not great throttling, and I agree that it's something Kafka desperately
needs to work on.

Thanks

Tom Crayford
Heroku Kafka