Hello –

We are planning to use Kafka as Event Store in a system which is being built
using event sourcing design approach.
Here is how we deployed the cluster in AWS to verify HA in the cloud (in our
POC we only had 1 topic with 1 partition and 3 replication factor) -
1)    3 ZK servers running in different AZs (managed by Auto Scaling Group)
2)    3 Kafka brokers EC2 running in different AZs (managed by Auto Scaling
Group)
3)    Kafka logs are stored in EBS volumes
4)    A type addresses are defined for all ZK servers & Kafka brokers in Route53
EC2 instance registers its IP for corresponding A type address (in Route53) on
startup

But due a bug in ZKClient used by Kafka broker which caches ZK IP forever, I
don’t see any other option other than bouncing all brokers.

One of the Netflix presentation (following links) mentions about the issue as
well as couple of ZK JIRA defects but I haven’t found any concrete solution yet.
I would really appreciate any help in this regard.

http://image.slidesharecdn.com/netflix-kafka-150325105558-conversion-gate01/95/netflix-data-pipeline-with-kafka-36-638.jpg?cb=1427281139
http://image.slidesharecdn.com/netflix-kafka-150325105558-conversion-gate01/95/netflix-data-pipeline-with-kafka-36-638.jpg?cb=1427281139
http://grokbase.com/t/kafka/users/131x67h1bt/zookeeper-caching-dns-entries

Thanks,