Hi,

Yesterday my company completed a “successful” migration from Kafka brokers
v0.9.0.1 to Kafka 0.10.0.

However the migration can’t be considered completely successfully because
we accidentally lost our offsets. Fortunately our apps are designed to be
able to replay from the beginning on the topic without much problem, but
it’s something we weren’t expecting and I would like to understand what we
did wrong to let his happen.

Our apps use kafka client v0.8.2.1 wrapped around latest version of
clj-kafka. We are using its functionality to commit offsets (like here:
https://github.com/pingles/clj-kafka/blob/master/src/clj_kafka/offset.clj#L70)
using OffsetCommitRequest.

Any help would be welcomed.

Thanks!