I am running a distributed connector with a custom MetricReporter class.
The metric reporter is able to listen to kafka metrics and is logging them
on the console. However, values for all metrics are that are being reported
are either zero or infinity. The values do not change for a significant
period of time. However, I am sure that the SinkTask is receiving records
(at almost 2000/sec) and is processing them correctly. A snippet of my code
in the void metricChange(KafkaMetric kafkaMetric) for reporting metrics to
the console is:
-----
log.info ("Metric change detected at {} {}",
keyValue(kafkaMetric.metricName().name(), kafkaMetric.value()),
keyValue("tags",kafkaMetric.metricName().tags()));
-----

The following are my configurations in connect-distributed.properties:

----
metric.reporters=com.foo.ConsumerMetricsReporter
consumer.metric.reporters=com.foo.ConsumerMetricsReporter
----

Am I doing something wrong here?

PS I get the same problem if I only have metric.reporters without the
consumer.metric.reporters property.