Hi,

I'd like to use the Java Kafka producer in a non-blocking async mode.
My assuptions were that until the new message can fit into the producer's
memory, it will queue up those messages and send out once the broker is
available.
I tested a simple case when I am sending messages using
KafkaProducer.send(), but the kafka broker is not available yet (a.k.a the
broker starts later then the application).
I see that in this case the send() blocks, although the documentation says
that this method is async.
Is it possible to configure kafka in a way so that the the producer
bufferes the messages sent out until the broker gets available?

Regards,
Peter