Thanks.

I'm encountering a strange issue.

If I create messages thru console-producer.sh on a new topic, things work
fine.

But on the topic that I need to consume, the messages are being produced
via the go kafka plugin.

On this topic, at first, nothing happens when the stream starts (i.e it
doesn't process the messages which are already in there)

Then, if I produce new messages, then my exception handler is called with
the exception that timestamp is negative.

I'm pretty sure I'm on kafka 0.10. I downloaded it 2-3 weeks ago.

I'm going to write a new timestamp extractor, but any ideas why nothing
happens with the old messages which are in the topic, it only responds if i
push new messages to this topic?

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 7:25 AM, Matthias J. Sax <matth...@confluent.io>