Hi Hans,
The latency between my two DC is 150ms.And yes I'm looking for synchronous
replication.Is that possible?
Thanks,Mudit

      From: Hans Jespersen <h...@confluent.io>
 To: users@kafka.apache.org; Mudit Agarwal <mudit...@yahoo.com>
 Sent: Friday, 28 October 2016 4:34 PM
 Subject: Re: Kafka Multi DataCenter HA/Failover

What is the latency between the two datacenters? I ask because unless they are
very close, you probably don’t want to do any form of synchronous
replication.The Confluent Replicator (coming very soon in Confluent Enterprise
3.1) will do async replication of both messages and configuration metadata
between datacenters.
It’s still up to you to monitor for what your app considers acceptable lag
between the two datacenters but at least now that is possible using timestamps
and the new offsetsForTimes() capability added in 0.10.1. Accurate message
timestamp based offset lookup is necessary because the offset numbers for a
given message will not match in both datacenters.
-hans