Hi,

first, AUTO_OFFSET_RESET_CONFIG has only an effect if you start up you
application for the first time. If you start it a second time, it will
resume from where is left off.

About getting numbers starting from zero: this is expected behavior
because streams **updates** the window computation each time an input
record is added to the window. So you see each intermediate result.

Furthermore, each time a new window is created, you will see a "1"
again in the output as this is the current count of the new window. If
you want do distinguish windows in the output, you need to look at the
key. It encode the original record-key as well as a window ID.

- -Matthias