From: Zac Harvey <zac.har...@welltok.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2016 4:44:06 PM
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Can Kafka/SSL be terminated at a load balancer?

We have two Kafka nodes and for reasons outside of this question, would like to
set up a load balancer to terminate SSL with producers (clients). The SSL cert
hosted by the load balancer will be signed by trusted/root CA that clients
should natively trust.

Is this possible to do, or does Kafka somehow require SSL to be setup directly
on the Kafka servers themselves?

Thanks!