Mikael,

regarding your second question:

> 2) Regarding the use case, the topology looks like this:
>
> .stream(...)
> .aggregate(..., "store-1")
> .mapValues(...)
> .through(..., "store-2")

The last operator above would, without "..." ellipsis, be sth like
`KTable#through("through-topic", "store-2")`.  Here, "through-topic" is the
changelog topic for both the KTable and the state store "store-2".  So this
is the changelog topic name that you want to know.

- If you want the "through" topic to have a `-changelog` suffix, then you'd
need to add that yourself in the call to `through(...)`.

- If you wonder why `through()` doesn't add a `-changelog` suffix
automatically:  That's because `through()` -- like `to()` or `stream()`,
`table()` -- require you to explicitly provide a topic name, and of course
Kafka will use exactly this name.  (FWIW, the `-changelog` suffix is only
added when Kafka creates internal changelog topics behind the scenes for
you.)   Unfortunately, the javadocs of `KTable#through()` is incorrect
because it refers to `-changelog`;  we'll fix that as mentioned above.

- Also, in case you want to do some shenanigans (like for some tooling
you're building around state stores/changelogs/interactive queries) such
detecting all state store changelogs by doing the equivalent of `ls
*-changelog`, then this will miss changelogs of KTables that are created by
`through()` and `to()` (unless you come up with a naming convention that
your tooling can assume to be in place, e.g. by always adding `-changelog`
to topic names when you call `through()`).

I hope this helps!
Michael