Hi all,

we are using apache-daemon (aka procrun) to run the Kafka broker as a Windows service. This does not create a process with 'kafka.Kafka' in the name such that bin\windows\kafka-server-stop.bat does not work.

Instead we use stop-service to shut down the service (=procrun=Kafka), but this seems to leave a lot of segments in a state needing recovery (as opposed to what should be possible according to http://kafka.apache.org/documentation#basic_ops_restarting)

Does anyone have a recommendation of how to gracefully shutt down the Kafka-in-procrun setup?

Thanks
Harald