From: Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Sent: Friday, November 25, 2016 1:46:28 PM
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Re: Messages intermittently get lost

________________________________
From: Zac Harvey <zac.har...@welltok.com>
Sent: Friday, November 25, 2016 6:17 AM
To: users@kafka.apache.org

Hi Martin,

My server.properties looks like this:

listeners=PLAINTEXT://0.0.0.0:9092

advertised.host.name=<SERVER_PUBLIC_DNS>

broker.id=2

port=9092

num.partitions=4

zookeeper.connect=zkA:2181,zkB:2181,zkC:2181

MG>can you check status for each ZK Node in the quorum?

sh>$ZOOKEEPER_HOME/bin/zkServer.sh status

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSCRJU_4.0.0/com.ibm.streams.pd.doc/doc/containerstreamszookeeper.html

ZooKeeper problems and solutions -
IBM<http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSCRJU_4.0.0/com.ibm.streams.pd.doc/doc/containerstreamszookeeper.html>
www.ibm.com<http://www.ibm.com>
Use these solutions to resolve the problems that you might encounter with
Apache ZooKeeper.

MG>*greetings from Plimoth Mass*

num.network.threads=3

num.io.threads=8

socket.send.buffer.bytes=102400

socket.receive.buffer.bytes=102400

log.dirs=/tmp/kafka-logs

num.recovery.threads.per.data.dir=1

log.retention.hours=168

log.segment.bytes=1073741824

log.retention.check.interval.ms=300000

zookeeper.connection.timeout.ms=6000

delete.topic.enable=true

auto.leader.rebalance.enable=true

Above, 'zkA', 'zkB' and 'zkC' are defined in /etc/hosts and are valid ZK
servers, and <SERVER_PUBLIC_DNS> is the public DNS of the EC2 (AWS) node that
this Kafka is running on.

Anything look incorrect to you?

And yes, yesterday was a holiday, but there is only work! I'll celebrate one
big, long holiday when I'm dead!

Thanks for any-and-all input here!

Best,

Zac