I think may have asked this question but just for a quick response I am
posting here first, so my apologies.

I am following the guide on git and I don't understand this first step

First bootstrap and download the wrapper

cd kafka_source_dir
gradle

I suppose kafka source dir is the root dir of git local folder.

gradle command should be in path of the OS and this will automatically
download the wrapper is that correct.

I had downloaded gradle while back and I see following dir on my machine
C:\Users\Sachin\.gradle\wrapper\dists\gradle-2.9-bin\ebaspjjvvkuki3ldbldx7hexd\gradle-2.9\bin

Do I need to use this gradle in my PATH.

Thanks

Sachin