Hi Sven,

You will see this exception during leader election. When the leader for a
partition moves to another broker, there is a period during which the
replicas would still connect to the original leader, at which point they
will raise this exception. This should be a very short period, after which
they will connect to and replicate from the new leader correctly.

This is not a fatal error, and you will see it if you are bouncing brokers
(since all the leaders on that broker will have to move after the bounce).
You may also see it if some brokers have connectivity issues: they may be
considered dead, and their partitions would be moved elsewhere.

Hope this helps,
Apurva