For your Question 1 No, Message will be read only once by anyone of the
consumer in a consumer group

For your Question 2 Yes, Because each consumer group will read a message
exactly once. Kafka is meant for Guaranteed Message Processing

There are three ways of Guaranteed Message Processing 1) Exactly once 2) At
least Once 3) At most once
you can get information well in google.

If you set auto commit true then message will not be deleted, it all deals
with consumer offset for reading a topic. At which offset consumer group
has read the topic.

*Thanks, Kunal*
*+91-9958189589*
*Data Analyst*