Not really, as you can update the schema, and have multiple of them at the
same time. By default each schema has to backwards compatible, so you do
have to exclude the specific topic you use with different schema's. With
every write, the 'id' of the schema used is also written, so when you
deserialise the messages, you know which schema to use for which message.