Thanks for proposing this Ismael. This makes sense to me.

In this KIP and the java KIP you state:

A reasonable policy is to support the 2 most recently released versions so
> that we can strike a good balance between supporting older versions,
> maintainability and taking advantage of language and library improvements.

What do you think about adjusting the KIP to instead vote on that as a
standard policy for Java and Scala going forward? Something along the lines
of:

"Kafka's policy is to support the 2 most recently released versions of Java
and Scala at a given time. When a new version becomes available, the
supported versions will be updated in the next major release of Kafka."

--
Grant Henke
Software Engineer | Cloudera