That's weird. If batch.size=0 and linger.ms=0 records should get send
out immediately.

buffer.memory is an upper bound for the overall memory. If you write to
multiple partitions, there will be a buffer for each partitions and
buffer.memory is shared over all buffers. Furthermore, if you exceed
buffer.memory your call to Producer#send will block (until it might time
out). I don't think you want to set it to zero.

How do you monitor your Producer to come to the conclusion it's not
sending immediately?

-Matthias