Hi,

I deployed Kafka about a week ago, but there are a few problems with how
Kafka behaves.
The first is the surprisingly high resource usage, one this the memory
(1.5-2 GB for each broker, 3 brokers) although this might be normal. The
other one is the cpu usage, which starts with 20% minimum on each broker,
which I find strange with the current throughput (which is < 1 msg/s).

This might has something to do with something else which I find strange,
Kafka disconnects clients about every 10-20 minutes per broker. It might
have something to do with the configuration: Deployed in kubernetes,
bootstrapping with a single dns name (which is backed by all alive kafka
brokers), and then every broker has a separate dns address which is used
after the bootstrap. This means that a client is connected twice to one of
the brokers. The reason for the bootstrap dns name is to make sure I don't
have to update all clients to include other brokers.

Any advice on how to solve these 2 problems?

Thanks,
Paul