Hi Giselle,

Great idea! In Kafka Streams we have a few micro-benchmarks we run nightly.
They are at:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/trunk/streams/src/test/java/org/apache/kafka/streams/perf/SimpleBenchmark.java

<https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/trunk/streams/src/test/java/org/apache/kafka/streams/perf/SimpleBenchmark.java>

It's mostly simple stuff (aggregations, joins) and we are continuously updating
them and adding more.
The nightly results are kept publicly at
http://testing.confluent.io/confluent-kafka-system-test-results/
<http://testing.confluent.io/confluent-kafka-system-test-results/>, e.g., see
report on 2017-03-21:
http://confluent-kafka-system-test-results.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/2017-03-21--001.1490119830--apache--trunk--05690f0/report.html

<http://confluent-kafka-system-test-results.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/2017-03-21--001.1490119830--apache--trunk--05690f0/report.html>
 (search for "simple_benchmark_test").

Your feedback and input is always appreciated.

Thanks,
Eno