Hi Kostas,

Yes, equal is fine. The code that prints an error if replication fails due
to this:

error(s"Replication is failing due to a message that is greater than
replica.fetch.max.bytes for partition $topicPartition. " +
        "This generally occurs when the max.message.bytes has been
overridden to exceed this value and a suitably large " +
        "message has also been sent. To fix this problem increase
replica.fetch.max.bytes in your broker config to be " +
        "equal or larger than your settings for max.message.bytes, both at
a broker and topic level.")

Ismael