Hi,

I am developing a connector to support ORC data type in HDFS connector.
Everything is in place except for hive integration. Specifically, in the
SchemaFileReader implementation. It wants to extract Avro schema from ORC
record. However, I am unable to get record name from ORC record in order to
build the Avro schema. Has anyone implemented this anywhere?

This is what I am using for testing (bold information is missing in ORC):

value.schema='{"type":"record",*"name":"orcrecord"*
,"fields":[{"name":"name","type":"string"},{"name":"age","type":"int"}]}'

Thanks,

Manoj