username comes from authenticated clients
client.id can be assigned by any client (no authentication required).

It’s hard to enforce a quota on a client.id when the clients can just change
the code to use a difference client.id, hence the recent enhancement to add
user quotas based on the authenticated username which cannot be changed without
the consent of the broker administrator.

0hans