Hi All,

We using SASL for Authentication between Kafka and ZK. Followed -
https://www.confluent.io/blog/apache-kafka-security-authorization-authentication-encryption/

We have 3 Kafka node, on each node, we have
principal="kafka/server_no.xxx....@xxx.com. So

On first node in kafka_server_jaas.conf, principal is set to
principal="kafka/server1.xxx....@xxx.com"
On second node in kafka_server_jaas.conf, principal is set to
principal="kafka/server2.xxx....@xxx.com"
On third node in kafka_server_jaas.conf, principal is set to
principal="kafka/server3.xxx....@xxx.com"

When runt the ACL command from node 1, it successful. It all works, but I
cannot run ACL from other 2 nodes. On other 2 nodes it fails, with error

[2017-03-31 18:44:38,629] ERROR Conditional update of path
/kafka-acl/Topic/shri-topic with data
{"version":1,"acls":[{"principal":"User:CN=xxxxxxx,OU=xxxx,O=xxxx,L=xxxxx,ST=xx,C=xx","permissionType":"Allow","operation":"Describe","host":"*"},{"principal":"User:CN=spatel-lt,OU=arch,O=pdx
 inc,L=fort
worth,ST=tx,C=us","permissionType":"Allow","operation":"Write","host":"*"}]}
and expected version 0 failed due to
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoAuthException: KeeperErrorCode = NoAuth
for /kafka-acl/Topic/shri-topic (kafka.utils.ZkUtils)

When I look at ZK kafka-acl node, it only permission for first node, I
understand the reason it does other to run ACL, even though they valid keytab.

getAcl /kafka-acl
'world,'anyone
: r
'sasl,'kafka/server1.xxx....@xxx.com
: cdrwa

It this bug or am I doing something wrong here.

Thanks,
Shri

This e-mail and its contents (to include attachments) are the property of
National Health Systems, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates, including but
not limited to Rx.com Community Healthcare Network, Inc. and its subsidiaries,
and may contain confidential and proprietary or privileged information. If you
are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any
unauthorized disclosure, copying, or distribution of this e-mail or of its
attachments, or the taking of any unauthorized action based on information
contained herein is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of information
contained herein may subject you to civil and criminal prosecution and
penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the
sender by telephone at 800-433-5719 or return e-mail and permanently delete the
original e-mail.