Hi All,

I understand that we get a NotLeaderForPartitionException when the client tries
to publish a message to a server which is not the Leader for a given partition.
I also understand that once leadership does change the client will learn that
and start publishing messages to the right server. I am however seeing that
sometimes even after leadership has changed the client continues to send
messages to the wrong server resulting in it continuously getting the
NotLeaderForPartitionException.

I am not sure how to reproduce this problem because we have only seen this
sporadically in certain production deployments. When we get into this situation
one step which usually works is to restart zookeeper, kafka and the client.
Obviously this is not acceptable. Is there a workaround that I could implement
which would help to remediate this situation. For example would re-creating the
KafkaProducer help in this scenario?

Thanks,
-Moiz