For Problem 1, you will probably have to either use the low-level API, and/or
do manual partition assignment.

For problem 2, you can simply re-publish the messages to a new topic with more
partitions…or, as in the first problem, just use the low level API.  You can
also create more consumer groups (i.e. if you need to add a new consumer of
your topics, but all consumer groups are “full”, just make a new one)

-David