Hi

We are required to upgrade this in out production system. We have observed
some data loss on producer side and want to try out new producer with
flush() api.

The procedure look like following as per the documents

1. Upgrade the cluster (brokers) with rolling upgrade.

2. Upgrade clients.

I have following questions regarding this procedure

1. While upgrading clients, is there any preferred order as in should
producers or consumers be updated first ?

2. What are the things that can go wrong ? Is there any recommended
rollback plan ? OR with
settings

inter.broker.protocol.version=0.8.1.1
log.message.format.version=0.8.1.1

 things will be taken care of ?

3. The consumer in this set up is Kakfa Spout from Apache Storm, any
recommendations as far as the upgrade procedure is concerned on that front ?

4. Will scala version conflict ? We are using everything java.