Hi Garrett,

I'm glad this helped.

You're absolutely right, only the "oneMinuteWindowed" KTable has a Windowed key - apologies again for getting it wrong the first time.

I admit I used window().end() arbitrarily. If window().start() matches your semantics better, use that. Further on that note (I didn't propose this originally simply because it is more error-prone for me to write) you can instead of Tuple2 actually use the Windowed class as the wrapper and then have both start and end time if you have use for them downstream. Then e.g. fiveMinuteWindowed becomes (notice Windowed is used intentionally this time!):

KTable<Windowed<String>, CountSumMinMaxAvgObj> fiveMinuteWindowed =
oneMinuteWindowed
  .groupBy( (windowedKey, value) ->
    new KeyValue<>(
      new Windowed<>(
        windowedKey.key(),
        new Window<>(
          windowedKey.window().start() /1000/60/5 *1000*60*5,
          windowedKey.window().start() /1000/60/5 *1000*60*5 + 1000*60*5
        )
      ),
      value,new SessionKeySerde<>(Serdes.String()), valSerde)

    .reduce(/*your adder*/, /*your subtractor*/, "store5m");

In the above, regardless if you choose to use start() or end(), you need to use it consistently both times, as in the time-windowed aggregation on your original stream the 1-minute window start and end won't be aligned to full minutes (I assume), hence they could end up in two different 5-minute windows after rounding.

As to the generic types, in my experience getting well-typed Serdes gets the type parameters inferred correctly throughout the rest of the expression and they should only be needed on the KTable variable declaration. And if you use Windowed keys as in the variant above, you can (sneakily) re-use the SessionKeySerde as a wrapper around the actual serde for your key, like this:
new SessionKeySerde<>(Serdes.String())
Again this should get type parameters inferred nicely and SessionKeySerde serializes both start and end time of the window. *Caveat*: SessionKeySerde comes from the org.apache.kafka.streams.kstream.*internals* package, so it's not as safe to use as public APIs, but it's a small class you can fork if you wish.

This is so much fun ;-)

Good luck,
Michał