If you are compressing messages than size of "compressed" message should be
less than what's specified in these parameters.

On Sat, Jun 17, 2017 at 7:46 PM, Eli Jordan <elias.k.jor...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> max.message.bytes controls the maximum message size the kafka server will
> process
>
> message.max.bytes controls the maximum message size the consumer will
> process
>
> max.request.size controls the maximum request size for the producer
>
> Whats not clear to me (and I can't find documented anywhere) is if the
> message size limits are imposed on compressed or uncompressed messages,
> when compression is enabled.
>
> Note: I'm use Kafka 0.10.2.0 if that makes any difference.
>
> Any pointers or advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Eli

intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy
all copies of the original message.