Hi Richard,
thanks for the response ..
i was able to get this to work, by adding  auto.offset.reset=earliest in
consumer.properties.
Atleast the count matched, i'll check on the contents to ensure there are
no duplicates.

However, when i set  auto.offset.reset=latest, i did not see any effect.
When would one need to set -> auto.offset.reset=latest, (as opposed to
auto.offset.reset=earliest)
?