Hi Abhimanya,

You can very well do it through Kafka, KafkaStreams and something like
redis.

I would design it to be something like this:-

1. Topic 1 - Pending tasks
2. Topic 2 - Reassigned Tasks.
3. Topic 3- Task To Resource Mapping.

Some other components could be:-

4. Redis Hash(task progress info)
We can also need to store a mapping of resources with completed task count
and in progress task count. This shall help us in ensuring that pipeline
remains active and bandwidth is managed between people who are free vs
busy(managed through counts).

5. TaskAssigner - KStreams - listens to the Pending Tasks and Reassigned
queue. sees who can be assigned task through reading redis hash.

6. Task Processor - java/scala program - processes the task.Probably
trigged after resource processes the task.

7. Task rebalancer - java/scala program - triggered at timely intervals to
do the reassignments.

-Sameer.