A quick note on notable changes since rc1:

1. A significant performance improvement if transactions are enabled:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/commit/f239f1f839f8bcbd80cce2a4a8643e15d340be8e
2. Fixed a controller regression if many brokers are started
simultaneously:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/commit/c0033b0e0b9e56242752c82f15c6388d041914a1
3. Fixed a couple of Connect regressions:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/commit/c029960bf4ae2cd79b22886f4ee519c4af0bcc8b
and
https://github.com/apache/kafka/commit/1d65f15f2b656b7817eeaf6ee1d36eb3e2cf063f
4. Fixed an import log cleaner issue: