Hi Sachin,

Yes, that should work as the broker will down convert the messages for the
older consumer. The one thing to avoid is decreasing the message format
version for an existing topic. That is not supported.

As usual, you should test this in a non production environment first. Also,
one additional comment inline.

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 1:19 AM, Sachin Mittal <sjmit...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I btw have doubt that different versions work on same topic as message
> format has changed from 0.8.x through 0.11.x

This should work fine, we have tests that update the message format version
while clients are producing/consuming to verify this scenario.

Ismael