Many of the descriptions and diagrams online describe deploying Kafka
MirrorMaker into the target data center (near the target Kafka cluster).
Since MirrorMaker is supposed to not lose messages, does it matter which
data center MirrorMaker is deployed in--source or target data center (with
any Kafka MirrorMaker version 0.10.1+)?

It might be easier to collect and observe metrics in the source data center
if MirrorMaker is also in the source data center (near the source Kafka
cluster), especially if I can't aggregate the metrics from the 2 data
centers.  Is there anything else that would influence me to deploy in
MirrorMaker in either data center?

Thanks

Vu