If you want to plug in a store into a DSL operator like aggregate, it
must be a key-value store as the aggregation is key-based (similar it
must be a windowed-store or session-store for window/session aggregation).

Not sure what code you wrote in 0.11 -- there, is must also be
key-value/window/session store if you plug it into a DSL operator. Can
you elaborate?

Btw: we have example for 1.0.0 API here:
https://github.com/confluentinc/kafka-streams-examples/tree/4.0.x

CP 4.0.0 is not release yet, but the examples should be up-to-date for
Kafka 1.0.0 already.

-Matthias