Hello Kafka users!
The first question that I have is related to the documentation. I see that
we no longer have to change the message format version when upgrading to
1.0. So, will all clients continue to work after performing the rolling
upgrade?
We are running Kafka v0.10.0.0. The Kafka ecosystem consists of several
nodejs producer-consumers (NoKafka library which using v0.9 and v0.10
protocols), few kafka connect projects (v0.10.2) and a java consumer
running on v0.8 library. Which of the applications can I expect to break
after the rolling upgrade due to mismatch in protocol versions?
Also, I see the quote in the documentation saying that if downtimes were
acceptable, we need not go through changing the protocol versions and only
update the code. Does this mean even older clients will have no problems
connecting to the brokers post upgrade?
--

Regards,

Anish Samir Mashankar