Hi All,

I am using Kafka 0.10.0.2 and I am not able to upgrade my Kafka version. I
have a situation that after removing Kafka topic, I am getting the
following error in Kafka-Storm Spout client because the offset hasn't been
reset properly. I was wondering how I can reset the offset in the
new-consumer mode with this version of Kafka. Since I am using
new-consumer, Kafka does not maintain offset info in Zookeeper.

2017-11-23 07:55:52.870 o.a.s.k.s.i.OffsetManager [WARN]
topic-partition [indexing-1] has unexpected offset [7259]. Current
committed Offset [8855387]

Regards,
Ali