Hi Hans,

Thanks for the response!

However, I get this result for all topics, not just for the newly created
topic.

Situation sketch:
1. I have a consumer group 'X' subscribed to topics 'A' and 'B' with
partition assignments and lag information. Consumer group 'X' is "Stable".
2a. Topic 'C' is (being) created.
2b. During this creation, I do not have a partition assignment for consumer
group 'X' for topics 'A' and 'B' but the consumer group is still "Stable".
3. A second later: I have a partition assignment for consumer group 'X' for
topics 'A' and 'B' again and the consumer group is still "Stable".

I expected the state of consumer group 'X' during step 2b to be
"PreparingRebalance" or "AwaitingSync".

Best regards,
Wouter